Saturday, September 10, 2011

Making it Rain on a Rainy Day: New Makeup Review


Today I spent an inordinate amount of money at Sephora due to that damn “Someone like You” song from Adele. If the radio hangs on to this song as long as they did for “Rolling in the Deep” it’ll be the death of my finances—but I’ll look hella fly.

You ever have one of those days when you suddenly feel like you’re going to die alone? You know, you’re driving down the road thinking about broken promises, cancelled engagements, and that personalized ring tone that never sounds, and then some Adele song comes on. You suddenly want to pull the emergency brakes, pretend your car has a sunroof, and look up the heavens and wail, “WHYYYYYYYY!!!” No? Just me them, I guess.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m praying girl, but this kind of funk was something only a makeover can cure.






That’s how I found myself at Sephora with an overzealous saleswoman constantly telling me how pretty I am. Ladies…if you ever need an ego boost, just walk into Sephora and look like you have money.

She also told me that it was time to update my face. Yes, my face needed an update. That red lip I’ve been rocking all summer was already played out in Sephora’s world.

So here’s a rundown of the new stash:
  1. Anastasia eyebrow shadow in ebony/ brush
  2. Anastasia  Tinted Brow Gel in Espresso
  3. ILLAMASQUA in Panic
  4. Tarte lipstain in Lively

Though I have some gripes about the lipstain, it’s definitely better than the last lipstain I got from Smashbox. It’s ACTUALLY matte; it’s devoid of shine of any kind. With a strange crayon texture and a grainy consistency of foundation, I’m not sure why this is considered a lipstain—especially since it transfers. BUT, it’s definitely better than lipstick and that matte is like no other. I’m definitely going to get it in red in the future.

And another thing, it’s all natural with healthy mineral oils that actually condition your lips.

Now ruby red blush is from ILLAMASQUA. Love it! Nars is getting the boot. This powder blush is ultra PIGMENTED. The color completely translates from the compact to any skin tone with just the slightest dot.
 
It’s something I definitely need to be careful about; it tends to look clownish if I don’t rub some off.

Crisis averted! I’m completely satisfied with my impulse purchases. Ego, thoroughly sated. Bring it on Adele!

No comments: